At Forerunner, we realize the importance of making a positive difference in our community and that is why we are focused on helping to make it a better place. Through community outreach, Forerunner seeks to establish meaningful partnerships with the community and promote wellness and a healthier lifestyle for all residents.
Toys For Tots is a Top-Rated Charity
• Over 97% of your donations goes to our mission of providing toys, books, and other gifts to less fortunate children.
• Less than 3% is spent on fundraising and overhead.
Every holiday season, the Forerunner Technologies, Inc. offices donate as many toys as possible to this wonderful program.
Please visit their website to see how you can help donate today. http://toysfortots.org/
Forerunner connects with the community by participating in events of mutual interest to our employees and their families. Every year we support our local baseball team, the Long Island Ducks, by hosting our company picnic there. By doing this on a yearly basis, Forerunner reinforces its commitment to being a vibrant and viable member of the community.
Our COO James Wallace recently received a 2016 Certificate of Recognition from the Wounded Warrior Project for contributing to their cause. The Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) takes a holistic approach when serving warriors and their families to nurture the mind and body, and encourage economic empowerment and engagement. Forerunner is proud to support this mission in any way we can. Please visit their website to see how you can help donate today. https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
On Saturday, November 21st the Forerunner Team donated and volunteered at a Sandy Repair project in Rocky Point. We all had a great time and have already booked another Saturday in the spring to go back! Find out what you can do to help at http://www.habitat.org/
On Saturday, April 16th the Forerunner Team installed floor joists at a brand new Habitat for Humanity project in Bellport, NY. We were the first group on the job, and really enjoyed working alongside the future family on their forthcoming home! Find out what you can do to help your local community at http://www.habitat.org/local.
Forerunner recently rolled out the “Help the Hungry Program.” Forerunners’, “Help the Hungry Program,” is one of the many ways we are socially responsible in giving back to communities we share. It may be difficult to believe that in America, a nation of plenty, millions face hunger. In our country today, 49 million people are food insecure, meaning they do not always know where their next meal is coming from. Forerunners’ goal is to enhance the quality of peoples’ lives and add value to the communities we serve. We are committed to help our communities grow and prosper and would like to assist local non- profit organizations, schools, food banks, soup kitchens, pantries, shelters and churches. Forerunner “cares” and we want every employee to be involved in this process. On a monthly basis, we ask for one employee to volunteer their time to go food shopping and bring the food they purchased to the approved organization of their choice in their local area.
– Employee Joseph Hall chose the Salvation Army in Birmingham, Alabama
– Employee John Rand chose the Wilmington Salvation Army Center in Wilmington, North Carolina
– Employee Jeremy Motes chose the Family Care Center in Centre, Alabama
– Employee Elvis chose the Hollis Avenue Congregational Church in Queens Village, New York
– Employee Pam Michael chose the Golden Harvest Food Bank in Aiken, South Carolina
– Employee Butch Taylor chose Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina
– Employee Glenie Kennedy chose the Covington Food Bank in Covington, LA because they were severely affected by flooding.